Tailgates And Tanlines Exceeds Expectations!
Luke Bryan‘s latest album Tailgates and Tanlines was released today, August 9. The man has the perfect smile, some awesome dance moves, an out of this world personality, and the voice to match all three! This album is a great compilation to add to his discography and I can’t wait for everyone else to hear it! The 13 tracks showcase Bryan’s voice and style that we have grown accustomed to throughout his career. Bryan co-wrote 8 of the 13 songs and the album was co-produced by Jeff Stevens and Mark Bright. His liner notes include MANY thanks to a slew of people, family, friends, band, crew, producers, fellow songwriters, country radio, Buck Commander Brothers, and many, many more! To his fans…
“I can never finish my thank yous without pointing out the fans who continue to show up every time and who support my music over and over again. Not one ounce of that is taken for granted. You inspire me to stand there every night and give you all I have. I hope that every time I give you something new to take away. Nut House Fans are by far the best!!”
The first single, “Country Girl (Shake It For Me)“, has already had TREMENDOUS amounts of success! It has become the summer dance anthem for all the “Country Girls” to move to. I can only imagine the singles soon to come from this album will also be at the top of the charts.
I truly enjoyed every song on this album, more than a few hit close to home, which again proves why I love country music and a good songwriter so much! If I had to pick my top 5 they would be “Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye“, “I Know You’re Gonna Be There“, “Been There, Done That“, “I Don’t Want This Night To End“, and “Muckalee Creek Water” (in no particular order). Each song has this built in motion that makes you want to sway to and such descriptive lyrics that put you in that moment, I have to say one of the best albums of 2011!
Track Listing – Writers
1. Country Girl (Shake It For Me) – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson
2. Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye – Luke Bryan, Jeff Stevens, Shane McAnally
3. Drunk On You – Rodney Clawson, Chris Tompkins, Josh Kear
4. Too Damn Young – Arlis Albritton, Casey Kessel
5. I Don’t Want This Night To End – Luke Bryan, Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins, Ben Hayslip
6. You Don’t Know Jack – Erin Enderlin, Shane McAnally
7. Harvest Time – Luke Bryan, Rodney Clawson
8. I Know You’re Gonna Be There – Luke Bryan, Ashley Gorley
9. Muckalee Creek Water – Luke Bryan, Patrick Jason Matthews
10. Tailgate Blues – Brent Cobb, Neil Medley
11. Been There, Done That – Luke Bryan, Rachel Thibodeau
12. Faded Away – Luke Bryan, Michael Carter
13. I Knew You That Way – Jay Clementi, Radney Foster