On the fast-track to Country music superstardom, Warner Music Nashville’s MULTI-PLATINUM artist Gabby Barrett is slowing it down for laid-back cruiser “Pick Me Up.” Available on all streaming platforms now, “Pick Me Up” is one of four new tracks added to the extended version of her acclaimed GOLD-selling debut album, GOLDMINE (DELUXE), out November 19.
“I wrote ‘Pick Me Up’ with Ross [Copperman] and Jon [Nite]. I didn’t really have a song in my repertoire that was laid-back Country – a riding down the backroads while listening to George Strait-type of song,” shares Barrett. “I had to pay homage to George Strait because I feel like I’m being adopted into the Texas family with my husband being from Texas.”
Penned by Barrett, Ross Copperman, and Jon Nite, this backroad ballad captures one of those days that can only be cured with a long moonlit drive next to a special someone. “You and Jesus can fix my soul,” she sings, “So pick me up, get me lost way out / Down a back two-lane / Little George Strait way on up / Get me outta my head and outta this town / And tell me no matter what / You’ll be by my side / Everything gonna be alright / Make the world go black, how you do me like that / When I climb up in your truck / Just pick me up.”
|Delivered fresh on the GOLDMINE (DELUXE) is “Pick Me Up,” “Never Get It Back,” a cover of Dolly Parton’s “I Will Always Love You” – previously released as an exclusive Amazon Original – and “The Good Ones (Wedding Version).” The latter was sweetly inspired due to an overwhelming request from her fans on social media for a stripped-down rendition of her chart-topping single to use at weddings.|
Gabby Barrett’s GOLDMINE (DELUXE) Track List:
1. “I Hope” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite)^
2. “Thank God” (Gabby Barrett, Nicolle Galyon, Jon Nite, Jimmy Robbins) †
3. “Write It on My Heart” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)^
4. “Footprints on the Moon” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite)^
5. “You’re the Only Reason” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Josh Kear)^
6. “Goldmine” (Nicolle Galyon, Caitlyn Smith, Liz Rose)*
7. “The Good Ones” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Emily Landis, Jim McCormick)^
8. “Jesus & My Mama” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Cliff Downs, Marti Dodson)^
9. “Hall of Fame” (Gabby Barrett, Adam Doleac, Trannie Anderson, Zach Kale)^
10. “Got Me” feat. Shane & Shane (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Shane Barnard, Cade Foehner, Bryan Fowler) •
11. “Rose Needs a Jack” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Joe Clemmons)*
12. “Strong” (Gabby Barrett, Emily Weisband, Ross Copperman)^
13. “I Hope” feat. Charlie Puth (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Jon Nite, Charlie Puth)^
14. “Pick Me Up” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)^
15. “Never Get It Back” (Gabby Barrett, Ross Copperman, Jon Nite)^
16. “I Will Always Love You” (Dolly Parton)^
17. “The Good Ones (Wedding Version)” (Gabby Barrett, Zach Kale, Emily Landis, Jim McCormick)+
^ Produced by Ross Copperman and Zach Kale
† Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Jimmy Robbins
* Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Sam Martin
• Produced by Ross Copperman, Zach Kale and Bryan Fowler
+ Produced by Ross Copperman
With 15 songwriting credits to her name on the extended version and co-produced by GRAMMY-nominee Ross Copperman and Zach Kale, plus additional production by Jimmy Robbins, Sam Martin, and Bryan Fowler on select tracks, GOLDMINE (DELUXE) further cements Barrett as a “Captivating Country Star,” as admired by Billboard.
Top-streaming GOLDMINE placed Barrett firmly in Country music history with her meteoric 5X PLATINUM “I Hope” – the most-streamed Country song of 2020; 4-week Hot AC #1 crossover “I Hope (feat. Charlie Puth)” – earning the iHeartRadio Titanium Award for reaching over 1 BILLION radio spins; PLATINUM three-week #1 “The Good Ones”; and current chart-rising single, “Footprints on the Moon.” Reigning atop the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for a record-breaking 27 weeks, “I Hope” was the first debut single by a solo female artist to top the Country radio charts since 2017 and made her the youngest artist with a #1 debut at Country radio in over two decades. In addition, she’s amassed over 1.5 BILLION global streams.
Continuing the gold rush, she’s performing “The Good Ones” next Wednesday (11/10) as the MOST-NOMINATED female artist at The 55th Annual CMA Awards, where she’s vying for Song of the Year and Single of the Year (“The Good Ones”), Female Artist of the Year, and New Artist of the Year. Fans can watch live from Nashville, TN, at 8 p.m. / 7 p.m. CT on ABC. Directly following on November 21, Barrett’s also the Country music female artist with the most nominations at the 2021 American Music Awards with nods for Favorite Female Country Artist, Favorite Country Album (GOLDMINE), and Favorite Country Song (“The Good Ones”). Voting for the world’s largest fan-voted awards show is now open via TikTok.