Country music trio Pistol Annies will deck the halls with new original holiday tunes as their first Christmas album, Hell of a Holiday, arrives Oct. 22. Listen to the first release, “Snow Globe,” here.
(ad)Stock up your cup and save at CWSpirits.com! Save 5% and have your liquor and beer order delivered to your front door when you use promo code "WHISKEYCHICK5"!
“We couldn’t be happier we got to make a Christmas Album. Once we finally surrendered and let the Christmas songwriting spirit take over, we were so inspired and felt that magic on every single one of these songs,” said the trio’s Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe, and Angaleena Presley. “We hope to be a part of so many people’s Christmas memories for years to come.”
Full of new yuletide treats, Hell of a Holiday includes 10 festive original tracks written by the Annies with their signature winking humor, while also honoring the spirit of the season. The title track conjures images of the hectic holiday whirlwind that arrives every Nov. 1, while “Snow Globe” dreams of a romantic winter wonderland. Elsewhere, a family of country-fried characters come to life, and there’s even a new ode to Santa himself.
The project also features their take on standards including “Sleigh Ride,” and Merle Haggard’s “If We Make it Through December,” plus a reimagined “Auld Lang Syne.” Photographer and artist Gina Binkley created the striking cover artwork.
This marks the fourth studio album for the trio, following their Grammy-nominated 2018 project Interstate Gospel. They recently celebrated the 10th anniversary of their Platinum-certified debut release “Hell on Heels,” the title track of their acclaimed first album.
HELL OF A HOLIDAY
1. Hell of a Holiday (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
2. Snow Globe (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
3. Harlan County Coal (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
4. Come On Christmas Time (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
5. If We Make it Through December (Merle Haggard)
6. Make You Blue (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
7. Leanin’ on Jesus (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
8. The Only Thing I Wanted (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
9. Believing (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
10. Happy Birthday (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
11. Sleigh Ride (Leroy Anderson/Mitchell Parish)
12. Joy (Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
13. Auld Lang Syne (Public Domain/Miranda Lambert/Ashley Monroe/Angaleena Presley)
ABOUT PISTOL ANNIES: A musical “force of nature” (Entertainment Weekly), Pistol Annies combines the talents of acclaimed country standouts Miranda Lambert (Lone Star Annie), Ashley Monroe (Hippie Annie) and Angaleena Presley (Holler Annie), delivering a high-spirited take on life the way real people live it. Each prolific songwriters and vocalists, the Annie collective allows the women the freedom to explore the genre beyond their individual careers celebrating friendship, the rough patches and girl power. Having recorded with both the Chieftains and Jewel, their music has also been featured on The Hunger Games: Songs from District 12 and Beyond. They have released three albums: 2011’s Gold-certified Hell on Heels, which produced the Platinum single “Hell On Heels”; 2013’s Annie Up; and 2018’s Grammy-nominated masterpiece Interstate Gospel. Their new Christmas album Hell of a Holiday arrives Oct. 22.