Star-packed lineup of performers, presenters & special guests revealed for “CMT SMASHING GLASS,” airing Wednesday, November 15th at 9p/8c
Amber Riley, Billie Jean King, Chris Janson, Clint Black, Fancy Hagood, Ledisi, Lucie Silvas, Mickey Guyton, Sheryl Crow and The War & Treaty celebrate barrier-breaking icons Patti Labelle & Tanya Tucker plus tributes to Aretha Franklin, Sinead O’Connor and Tina Turner at inaugural music event
CMT today announced its all-star lineup of Performers and Presenters for CMT SMASHING GLASS: A Celebration of the Groundbreaking Women of Music,” an all-new, genre-defying musical salute premiering Wednesday, November 15th at 9p/8c.
Barrier-breaking icons Patti LaBelle and Tanya Tucker will be honored with one-of-a-kind performances and presentations from Billie Jean King, Chris Janson, Clint Black, Fancy Hagood, Ledisi and The War & Treaty.Both also partake in a special roundtable conversation with Sheryl Crow before each taking the stage for their own unforgettable performances. Amber Riley, Lucie Silvas and Mickey Guyton will honor the late women of music with ‘Moments of Respect’ and tribute medleys to Aretha Franklin, Sinead O’Connor and Tina Turner.
- Amber Riley
- SAG Award winner and GRAMMY®-nominated actor and singer Amber Riley will honor ‘Queen of Soul’ Aretha Franklin with a crowd-rising performance of “R.E.S.P.E.C.T.”
- Billie Jean King
- Groundbreaking sports icon and equality champion Billie Jean King, renowned for her remarkable contribution for 50 years of advancing gender pay and equality for women’s sports, kicks off the inaugural celebration and presents to Tanya Tucker.
- Clint Black
- Multi-platinum GRAMMY®-winning country luminary Clint Black will honor fellow Texan and friend Tanya Tucker with a special rendition of “Texas When I Die.”
- Chris Janson
- Multi-platinum singer-songwriter and Grand Ole Opry memberChris Janson will take the stage to honor Tanya Tucker with a performance of “It’s A Little Too Late.”
- Fancy Hagood
- Fast-rising singer-songwriter Fancy Hagood, known for being one of Nashville’s most prominent and trailblazing queer artists, will introduce the illustrious Patti Labelle ahead of the icon’s own show-stopping performance.
- GRAMMY®-winning vocalist who is regarded as one of the preeminent vocalists of her era, Ledisi is set to deliver a soul-stirring tribute performance of “New Attitude” to honor Patti LaBelle.
- Lucie Silvas
- Acclaimed singer-songwriter and CMT Next Women of Country alum Lucie Silvas will pay tribute to the genre-defying Sinead O’Connor with a soul-stirring rendition of “Nothing Compares 2 U.”
- Mickey Guyton
- 4x GRAMMY-nominee and TIME’s 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year Mickey Guyton will deliver a show-stopping performance of “The Best” to honor ‘Queen of Rock & Roll’ Tina Turner, whom she previously honored at the 2021 Rock & Roll Hall of Fame induction.
- Sheryl Crow
- 9x GRAMMY® winner and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee Sheryl Crow, who paved the way for future generations with her unique fusion of rock, pop and folk, moderates a special conversation with Patti LaBelle and Tanya Tucker, discussing their legendary careers, challenging the status quo and paving the foundation for fellow women in music.
- The War & Treaty
- Award-winning duo The War & Treaty will lend their signature blend of soul, gospel, blue and rock with a performance of “On My Own” to honor Patti LaBelle.