Country music stars reveal their Thanksgiving plans. Find out what Taylor Swift, Wynonna, Billy Currington The Carter Twins, and more are doing to kick off their holiday season!
1. Nashville-based country group Brokedown Cadillac have confirmed plans to perform for the troops during a Thanksgiving week tour of military bases in Iraq. The group will head overseas this week for the tour, which runs from November 21-30 and they will be joined by a select group of Hooters Girls from around the U.S.
2. Billy Currington has been added as Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade performer which airs on NBC 11/26 – Taking to the sky for the first time this year will be the lovable and oh-so-ticklish Pillsbury Doughboy*; America’s favorite clown Ronald McDonald*; the web-slinger Spider-Man*, and the top mouse on deck, Sailor Mickey Mouse.
3. The Carter Twins have also recorded Let it Snow for A VERY SPECIAL CHRISTMAS VOLUME 7, benefitting Special Olympics. Their video for the track will debut Thanksgiving weekend.
4. Wynonna Judd will be kicking off her Classic Country Christmas tour immediately following thanksgiving, with a resurged interest after announcing that she may be touring WITH mom next year!
5. Taylor Swift will be featured on NBC’s “People of the Year” special, airing Thanksgiving night.
6. Chris Daughtry will be performing at the halftime show for the Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving. While he may not be a country performer, his recent CMA duet with Vince Gill for the song “Tennessee Line” makes him a person of interest.
And that’s all we’ve got for now fans, so stuff the bird, set your DVR’s and enjoy the holiday with family, friends, and good country music!Country Music Photo Gallery