Police are currently seeking leads to track down a man and woman who attacked country music producer Dave Brainard on Sunday September 27th. According to The Tennessean, David was so severely injured that he is now awaiting reconstructive surgery on his face in a Nashville hospital.
The currently released facts are:
- The attack occurred as Brainard and two accompanying women were walking in the crosswalk in front of the 1505 Demonbreun apartment building
- Both assailants came out of a charcoal or gray 4-door Infiniti
- The female assailant was described as white, 5 feet 6 inches tall and in her early 30s.
- The male assailant was 6 feet 2 inches tall, 200 pounds and white
- Both were well dressed, as if they had been at a formal event.
- The case has been assigned to detectives in the Midtown Hills Precinct. Anyone with information should call 615-742-7463.
The Tennessean reports that Brainard — who produced Brandy Clark’s Grammy-nominated 12 Stories album — was crossing Demonbreun Street in downtown Nashville with two female friends when he was struck by a gray four-door Infinity in the early morning hours on Sept. 27. The group had been using the crosswalk.
Deborah DeLoach, one of the women with Brainard, recalls that the car repeatedly hit them, slowly, before a female passenger exited the vehicle.
“We couldn’t get out of the street because they kept hitting us,” DeLoach explains. “They both get out and start yelling – she starts yelling, he’s yelling. The woman attacked me, and the man attacked Dave.”
DeLoach told police she was assaulted by the female in the vehicle, while the male went after Brainard, beating him and choking him until he was unconscious. He also suffered a broken jaw (in two places), in addition to shattered teeth and multiple lacerations. Police drove Brainard to the hospital, where he remains, awaiting surgery.
“He’s going to make it, but he is not doing well and has severe injuries to his face,” DeLoach reports.
The suspects are described as white and well-dressed. The woman is said to be 5 feet, 6 inches tall and in her early 30s, while the man is 6 feet 2 inches tall and 200 pounds. Police request that anyone with information about the attack call 615-742-7463.
Read More: Dave Brainard Hospitalized After Severe Beating | http://tasteofcountry.com/dave-brainard-producer-beaten/?trackback=tsmclip