Sneak Peak of Josh Kelley Interview in Latest US Weekly Issue.
Well, country fans, you may not know who Josh Kelley is just yet because he is a little new to the country scene. If you are familiar with Josh, it is probably for his recently released album, out March 22nd of this year, Georgia Clay. You might also be familiar with his catchy single off this album of the same name. While Georgia Clay marks Josh’s country debut, he is certainly not new to music in general.
Kelley has a whole host of albums preceding his country debut from a wide range of genres including For The Ride Home (rock), Special Company (pop), and To Remember (alternative). This progression suggests Josh has been playing the role of Goldie Locks in trying to find the right genre, and maybe country will fit him just right. I guess whether or not this switch will prove successful for him is up to country fans, and ya’ll are not easily won over (thank goodness).
To help you get to know this newcomer a little better, you can check Kelley out in the latest issue of US Weekly which hits stands Friday, July 15th. Below you will find a sneak peak of the feature, a list of 25 things you don’t know about him (They probably should have included that he’s a country artist in that list.) It’s an interesting list, but #20 seems a bit obvious. #4-5 are the most interesting in my opinion, and #6, #9 and #21 show off his down home roots.
What do you think of Josh Kelley and his switch to country music?
Josh Kelley: 25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
The country rocker, 31, opens up to Us
1. I like to gamble while playing Uno with my band.
2. I would love to have a Ping-Pong table on tour.
3. I love to fly-fish and tie my own flies.
4. At 15, I was in a band called Inside Blue with my brother Charles from Lady Antebellum.
5. I was in a high school jazz band with Dave Haywood, who’s also in Lady Antebellum.
6. I make the best fried green tomatoes ever!
7. I am one of seven kids, ranging from 39 to 16.
8. I got to work as a ball boy on the driving range of the Masters Golf Tournament when I was 17.
9. My favorite meal is meat loaf with creamed corn, buttered noodles and pecan pie.
10. My favorite cocktail is whiskey and Oogavé ginger ale.
11. I can’t leave the house unless every drawer is shut.
12. When I was a kid, I wanted to be president.
13. My wife [Katherine Heigl] and I adopted our daughter [Naleigh, 2] from South Korea.
14. I’m convinced Naleigh’s 60, pretending to be a toddler; she’s so wise!
15. I got held back in first grade.
16. I was the first person to get a record deal by spamming people on Napster.
17. Piano was my first instrument.
18. I went to Ole Miss on a golf scholarship.
19. My middle name is Bishop.
20. I love music.
21. I like weaning calves on my buddy’s Utah farm.
22. I’ve flown almost 50,000 miles this year!
23. I love to snowshoe.
24. My wife and I found our dog, Oscar, in a trash can in Mexico.
25. I love to paint the crazy things I dream about.